Participation: The event involved 71 citizens, including 50 participants fromthe city ofAltea (Spain), 31 participants from the city of Warsaw (Poland), 3 participants from the city of Noto(Italy), 3 participants from the city of Athienou (Cyprus), 3 participants from the city of Brussels (Belgium), 3 participants from the city of Ljubljana (Slovenia), 3 participants from the city of Sofia (Bulgaria) and 3 participants from the city of Elassonas (Greece).
Location / Dates: The event took place in Altea (Spain), from 29/10/2018 to 30/10/2018
Short description: The rise of Euroscepticism”
“The rise of Euroscepticism”
The Yourope international meeting organized in Altea (“The rise of Euroscepticism”), has been developed as follows:
- Monday, October 29, opening with the Mayor’s welcome speech.
Subsequently, the Councilor for Finance made a presentation of the municipality of Altea and the person responsible for the European Projects Office presented the Office and the projects and programs in which Altea is participating.
- Next, the rest of European partners (Slovenia, Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Poland, Bulgaria and Italy), made up of both City Councils and Foundations, made a presentation (PPT) of their respective regions.
- The second part of the morning event was based on the presentation of Europe Direct in the Valencian Community, by Ana Alonso as head of the Europe Direct Valencian Community Office where participants discussed about European Policies and European Diffusion.
- Next participants had the honor of having as guests Mr. Enric Nomdedeu iBiosca, General Director for Valencian Employment Service, and Mrs. DaríaTerradezSalom, General Director for Relations with the European Union and the State. With the presence of these authorities, the debate was focused on, “Comundad Valenciana in Europe”, where participants were able to know about the recent socio-economic history of the Comunidad Valenciana in the European context, the current socioeconomic situation, youth unemployment, economic data , etc., as well as the Comunidad Valenciana in the Europe of the Regions, and the use of European funds for the period 2014-2020, the policies that have been carried out in relation to European funds, European opportunities for young people and the promotion and enhancement of European citizenship.
- We close the morning session and start the afternoon session with a cultural exchange between the different Altea associations and the YOUROPE project partners. In this exchange workshop participants discussed 4 different themes, youth, cultural related to traditions and festivals, music and foreigners in Altea.
- The second day was made up of two parts, a first part that covered the entire morning of Tuesday, October 30, where it was focused on project coordination so that members were able to work on agendas, calendars, budgets, obligations, how we want to work together, the creation of our alliance, communication tasks between partners, communication, dissemination and impact of the project, and logos, following the guidelines of the Europe for Citizens program and strengthening the YOUROPE team.
- The afternoon had a very interesting topic, the Intergenerational Debate, which was focus on “Euroscepticism: the importance of the EU”. The idea was that this main topic was subdivided in turn into 4 debate subtopics. With this dynamic, we intended to analyse the problem of Euroscepticism and how to face this challenge.